Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Memento: A Quick Review

Disjointed, confusing, sporadic and incredibly good. Christopher Nolan is such a wonderful man I want to kiss him. Memento is one of those movies everyone tells me about but I never have time to see it or rent it, but I finally did! And I don't regret it one bit.

Memento is the story of Leonard (Guy Pearce) a man who is trying to piece together his wifes murder and kill those responsible. Unfortunately he was injured and his lost his ability to make new memories. Everything he sees or does he will forget at some point. Nolan takes us back through time with small snippets of story to show how it all began.

Guy Pearce is wonderful in this role, he really took it to the next level and I've got to stop taking him for granted. Memento can get incredibly confusing. Sometimes it's memory backflashes can get pretty tedious and annoying to follow. It also has a significant lack of closure but that's what leads to the brilliance of the film. Check it out, even if you don't like it, it is a very fun ride.

-Christopher O'Connell

No comments:

Post a Comment