Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Sixth Sense: A Quick Review

So I just watched M. Night Shyamalan's "The Sixth Sense"...yes I know....a good decade after the majority of Americans saw it. I'm guessing most people know the plot but here goes...Bruce Willis plays Dr. Malcolm Crowe, a child psychologist. Haley Joel Osment plays Cole Sear, a child who sees dead people. Saying that "The Sixth Sense" is a great film would be a huge understatement. M. Night Shyamalan was a great director...then 2004 happened and he hasn't been the same since. Bruce Willis, Toni Collette, and Haley Joel Osment all give fantastic performances. Haley Joel Osment has got to be one of the greatest child actors, ever. This film is amazingly successful at being an intelligent phycological thriller with one of the best endings of any movie. And I'm so glad someone didn't ruin it for me. This definitely earned its spot on the American Film Institute's Top 100 List.

-Joseph Sbrilli

No comments:

Post a Comment