Sunday, September 5, 2010

Repo Men: A Quick Review

I really didn't want to see this movie, honestly not even a little bit. I hate gore, it grosses me out immensely and makes me incredibly squeamish. Not to mention that it recieved about a negative 25% on rottentomatoes.com. Not very high on my list of movies I'd like to view. But I was forced into it, and I have to say Repo Men wasn't what I expected it to be. Jude Law and Forest Whitaker live in a future where people are given artifical organs to replace their terrible natural ones, and it works like a bank would. If you can't make your payments on time the company sends repo men to reclaim their property. That is where Jude Law comes in. He hunts you down cuts you open and takes your liver, leaving you to bleed out. I thought I had this movie predicted, but it really threw me a couple of curveballs that pleased me immensely. I called them out at the last second but it still caught me by surprise. The movie is incredibly depressing but not a bad sci fi flick. If you hate gore definitely pass it up, but if you are a gore hound Repo Men is for you. But please be warned about the gore lovefest towards the end of the film. It is disgusting and I almost vomited all over myself.

-Christopher O'Connell

No comments:

Post a Comment